Matthew 28:3 says, “Seek first the kingdom of God and all these things shall be added to you.” At Regent University, our mission to produce leaders who will change the world is a sacred trust. Our resolve is stronger than ever to equip our students to lead with excellence and serve with godly character.
And, at a time when only 14 percent of employers in the United States feel college graduates are prepared to work effectively, serve and lead, Regent has made a dramatic investment in growth to meet the demands of today’s complex marketplace and ministry organizations.
Here are a few of our most important new initiatives and their early results:
- Created new in-demand programs including: bachelor’s programs in accounting, cybersecurity, criminal justice, computer science, healthcare management, RN to BSN; new health-care-related concentrations for MBA and M.A. in Organizational Leadership.
- Developed a new 24/7 Center for Student Services to ensure we’re meeting Regent students’ needs academically, personally and spiritually throughout their time here. We call it the “Center for Student Happiness,” aimed at helping students successfully complete their degrees.
- Debuted our first undergraduate science major and state-of-the-art Applied Sciences and Ethics Laboratory to launch Regent into the critical STEM arena. Read our cover story, “The Power and Possibilities of Science + Ethics,” in this issue.
- Partnered with Eastern Virginia Medical School to create an “Early Assurance of Acceptance Program” into five of their health care master’s programs. Regent students majoring in Biblical Studies, Biophysical Sciences, Business, Christian Ministry, Government, and Psychology are eligible, creating a significant advantage for students attending our university.
- Developed a comprehensive advertising campaign to create awareness about the value of a Regent education and position us well among employers.
In just six months, we have seen exponential growth. Regent’s Spring 2015 new enrollment increased 42 percent, and our prospective student pool has doubled. Our goal is 9,000 students for Fall 2015, creating momentum to quickly achieve 15,000 and beyond.
In keeping with our sacred trust, we hold ourselves to the highest standards for academic quality and biblical integration across our programs. Our eight prestigious accreditations, 67 School of Law awards, more than 630 Teacher of the Year awards, and many other accolades attest to our continued measure of quality.
I am proud of our outstanding students, graduates, faculty and staff. The expansions and blessings achieved are the result of our community of leaders working together. Thank you for all you do to help Regent achieve its mission and represent God’s kingdom here and around the world.
Dr. M.G. “Pat” Robertson
Founder, Chancellor & CEO